Today I was chatting online complaining about current coworkers. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE--this is a joke because I don't have any... because I freelance... because I work from home in my living room... ANYWAY, the only coworkers I have are my cats.
And I said, "you have coworkers, I have coworkers, and we all have to deal." Which made my friend online laugh: "hahahahaha."
And that made me think: I bet the things I love about my coworkers are the same things other people love about theirs:
- Soft and cuddly
- Loud-mouthed when food is around
- Always helping me get work done
- Passionate about their own work
- Beautiful colours
- Like to lick plastic
- Unique and eccentric personalities
- Good at sports
- Never afraid to tell me when I do something wrong
- Always sitting on my stuff
- Always stealing my chair
- Picky eaters
- Fierce hunters
- Like to take naps during the work day
- Have perfect feet
- Never turn in projects on time
- Always stealing my stuff to use as toys
- Regular wrestling matches
Coworkers, I love you more than bagels
Covered with stale cream cheese; I love how you
Stare at me from underneath the table,
And every day beg for bits of my food.
I love you, coworker, when you’re outside
The door, pleading for me to let you in
Because you lost your key; I don’t know why—
You will just want to go back out again.
And when you tap my arm so soft and sweet
I know that something foul is amuck
But still I offer you a fricking treat
Or else I know I’m just a sitting duck.
Coworker, I give your head a nice pat
I know you’re just a needy, hungry cat.
It's always a fun day at the office in this neck of the woods.