Website ContenT: It's Kind of a Big Deal
Writing copy for a website is not simply about providing information for consumers, it's also about building a sales funnel and directing visitors towards conversion.
It's about maintaining brand integrity while providing a way for customers to interact with your company.
It's about providing the information your customer needs in a clear and concise manner, and directing them to where they can find more.
There are several important things to consider in website content development:
- Tone: do you want a formal tone or a laid-back tone? Do you want to emphasize your subject matter authority or your laid back, easy-to-work-with staff members? Tone can vary widely across website, industry, and individual.
- Micro Content: it's not all about the blocks of text that provide information for your client, it's the calls to action, the form headers, and the arrows. "Consider our product" or "Get what you need now!" will impact your visitors differently.
- About Pages: most companies use the about page to provide information on how the company started, staff members, and how they brand themselves. But it's a crucial page because it also speaks to the values of the company, and allows visitors to gauge who you are, which will impact whether or not they choose to buy.
- Representation: in today's technologically savvy era, your website is the face of your company. It is critical that you put thought, time, and effort into answering the question: what do I want this to say about me?
- Blog: many companies forego the blog, because they think they don't have enough to say. But this is an opportunity to show that you are innovators in the industry, you are at the forefront of industry trends, and you are willing to work to engage with customers. It also gives you unique and regular content, which will help you rank better in the search engines and keep your readers coming back for more.
I have experience working on dozens of successful websites, from the agriculture industry to the vacation industry to the independent publishing industry. I can help you create the face of your company from the ground up, writing content for the main pages, developing engaging micro copy, and helping to keep the blog up and running. Contact me for rates or to learn more about how I can help you grow your website.