Today's blog will be a short dissertation on how I feel about dinosaurs. I'm not sure why, but it's definitely a dinosaur kind of day.
- I think dinosaurs are some of the most fricking amazing animals to ever thunder across the face of the Earth (second only to cats).
- I would totally visit Jurassic Park if it were real, despite the apparent dangers.
- I think the Dracorex might possibly be the coolest dinosaur. It looks like a dragon. I drew a picture.
- I think that I should write about dinosaurs more often. Here's the post I wrote about Jurassic Park.
- I think that I should probably spend some more time learning about dinosaurs. Turns out, there's a ton of weird facts about them. For example, did you know that a stegosaurus (weighing 3 tons) had a brain the size of a brazil nut? Or that Sauropods, that are way bigger than T-Rexes, could make a sonic boom by swinging their tails? Crazy.
Next I will list five things about my own personal experiences with dinosaurs. Not that I've ever met any (except in Doctor Who, and those were on a spaceship not in ancient Earth--HINT, HINT MOFFAT),
- I liked Jurassic World better than Avengers Ultron by about 1000 times, and I saw them both on the same day.
- When my little brother was in second grade, he made a clay model of an Ankylosaurus and the image is seared into my brain because it was so phenomenal.
- I also studied dinosaurs in 2nd grade but I have no memory of it.
- My fiance has a weird and long lasting love for the Land Before Time movies. His favourite character was Little Foot. Interestingly enough, "Little" Foot would have weighed something like 38 tons in real life.
- I once wrote a poem about the Tyrannosaurus. Some of you who knew me in elementary school may also remember this. Our student teacher, Miss Wheeler, made us a book with all of our poems in it. I still have the book.
Here is my poem. I hope you are all dazzled by the poetic genius of my fourth grade brain.
at other dinosaurs.
He loves to eat,
but all he eats is meat.
(no plants allowed)
He said he owned the out of doors,
and ate up other dinosaurs.
'Bout six inched long were his teeth,
he might of liked to eat beef!!
T-Rex is cool
But I think he drools!
His prey was all muddy
but when he got there... they were bloody!